We are happy to share with you the first installment of the Proceedings of the 25th Philippine Biodiversity Symposium!
Sylvatrop Vol. 26 contains eight full papers presented during the BCSP’s 25th Annual Philippine Biodiversity Symposium with the theme “25 Years of Biodiversity Conservation in the Philippines: Global Relevance, Local Realities” held on April 5-9, 2016 in Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro.
- Distribution, abundance, and habitat requirements of endangered babblers in Mt. Kanlaon Natural Park, Negros Island, Philippines by Shaira Grace B. Pios, Dennis A. Warguez, Andrew T. Reintar, Lisa Marie J. Paguntalan, Philip Godfrey C. Jakosalem
- Forest bat diversity and abundance in different habitats on Mt. Kanlaon Natural Park, Negros Island by Janette A. Deligero, Dennis A. Warguez, Kim John S. Doble, Lisa Marie J. Paguntalan, Philip Godfrey C. Jakosalem
- Diversity and distribution of herpetofauna in Balesin Island, Polillo, Quezon, Philippines by Paul Henric P. Gojo Cruz, Leticia E. Afuang, Juan Carlos T. Gonzalez, Don Geoff E. Tabaranza, Michelle D. Alejado, Mary Ann O. Cajano, Danielle Lois E. Afuang
- Introduced frogs in buffer zone and adjacent areas of Mt. Banahaw de Lucban, Quezon Province, Luzon Island, Philippines by Essex Vladimer G. Samaniego
- Foraging behavior association between Irrawaddy dolphins (Orcaella brevirostris) and tidal net fisheries in the coastal waters of Pulupandan, Negros Occidental, Philippines by Kimberly P. Casipe, Karl Elvis S. Espinosa, Crystyll Joane M. Jarabelo, Manuel Eduardo L. de la Paz
- Endoparasites of selected captive endemic threatened wildlife species in Negros Island, Philippines by Franz Anthony L. Alejano, Junbert T. Pabon, Russell N. Corre, Sharon S. Villagracia
- Invasive Alien Plant Species (IAPS) of Malagos Watershed in Calinan, Davao City and Mt. Musuan, Bukidnon by Cindy Grace S. Abas, Geonyzl L. Alviola, Erlyn Jessie D. Dy
- Ecotypes and hypericin content of Hypericum pulogense Merrill by Lourdes B. Cardenas and Mary Ann O. Cajano
Our sincerest thanks to everyone who contributed their time to the proceedings: to the Ecosystems Research and Development Bureau and the Sylvatrop editorial board, the BCSP Publications Committee, and the external reviewers. We are grateful to all the authors for entrusting your manuscript with us.
Thank you to the Mindoro Biodiversity Conservation Foundation, Inc. and the City Government of Calapan for hosting the 25th Philippine Biodiversity Symposium, without which the proceedings would not have happened.